Zoom10…again Filmmakers’ Competition
Submissions close on 31 August 2021
* Note that submissions made in 2020 to the Zoom10 Filmmakers’ Competition will be included in this year’s competition.
Up to 10 minutes
- Short Film – documentary
- Short Film – narrative (story)
- Short Film – indigenous language*
* An indigenous language is a language that is native to a region and spoken by indigenous people, often reduced to the status of a minority language. This language is from a linguistically distinct community that has been settled in the area for many generations… Many indigenous languages have become endangered because of language deaths or linguicide caused by colonization, in which the original language is replaced by that of the colonists. [Wikipedia]
* Indigenous language – a language that originated in a specified place and was not brought to that place from elsewhere [The Free Dictionary.com]
Good story-telling, originality and creativity – in all 3 categories
1 award will be made in each category:
GOLDEN KINABALU AWARDS
Documentary, Narrative, Indigenous Language
Will be made at the jury’s discretion – certificates awarded.
- This competition is open to citizens and residents of ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam), Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- The fee to enter this competition on FilmFreeway is US$8.00.
- The film can be any genre (animation, documentary, drama, experimental, horror, comedy, etc.).
- Length: maximum 10 minutes, including credits – that is, the movie can be up to 10 minutes long.
- Screening Format – digital video, no longer than 10 minutes.
- Language – any language but ALL non-English dialogue films must have English subtitles.
- All entries must have English subtitles.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
- Copyright for all music and videos used must be owned by the filmmaker – that is, you must have permission to use all music, sound and/or artwork in your short film. By entering this competition, you agree that the KKIFF 2021 will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
- KKIFF reserves the right to use stills and/or short clips of films submitted to Zoom10…again for the purposes of marketing and promotion.
- The film you enter must have been completed on or after 09 October 2019.
- The film should be entirely your own work.
- If your film has been inspired by another film, please note this in the credits.
- To submit your entry, please go to Filmfreeway.
- Entries must be submitted by 31st August 2021
- The KKIFF encourages filmmakers who have submitted entries for Zoom10…again to attend the festival, especially the Zoom10…again Highlight Screening and Awards Night. However, the KKIFF is unable to provide a financial contribution for airfares or additional expenses incurred during the festival.
If you have any questions, contact: Jude – 014 3514298 or Hazli – 016 5522435 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When: Sunday, 17 October 2021 from 4.00-5.30pm
- Where: TBC
- Who: All competition participants and anyone else who is interested – free entry
- Why: To receive feedback from the judges on selected entries
- When: Sunday, 17 October, 2021, 7.00pm
- Where: TBC
- Anyone linked to the organization of the KKIFF 2021 cannot enter this competition.
- Not all entries will be shown at the Zoom10…again Highlight Screening – that is, the selection of entries will be completely at the jury’s discretion.