Date: 15 – 16 July 2017
Sabah Pitching Training & Awards is a platform for filmmakers from the ASEAN region, Korea & Taiwan to launch new feature-length documentary film projects (60 mins plus).
Participants learn how to pitch and then make a pitch to a jury in order to get funding to move on to the next stage in the making of their film.
Producers/directors from ASEAN countries, Korea and Taiwan.
Participants can pitch directly to potential financiers from the region, raise the visibility and market viability of their projects, look for co-producers, financiers, buyers.
The KKIFF is looking for 12 documentary film projects to be part of the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards 2017. Applications close on 31 May 2017.
- RM8,000 – best pitch for feature-length documentary film
- RM8,000 – best pitch for a Sabahan project
- DMZ Docs – selection of one project to pitch for DMZ Docs Fund in Korea
- Goethe-Institut Malaysia – selection of one project to pitch in Leipzig. If a suitable project is pitched, The Goethe-Institut will support flight, hotel, per diem and pitching/festival fees for going to Leipzig.
Sabah Pitching Training & Awards – programme outline
- Prepare your pitch – at the Pitching Workshops on Saturday, 15 July with your trainer, Nick Deocampo (Philippines) – receive systematic pitching training.
- Practise your pitch – at the Pitching Tutorials – Saturday, 15 July and the morning of Sunday, 16 July – individual and small group sessions with mentors.
- Present your pitch – to the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards Jury on Sunday afternoon, 16 July – structured as 5-7 minutes of pitching, followed by 8 minutes of comments, questions and discussion from the jury.
- Presentation of awards – will be at Awards Night, Sunday, 16 July.
|July 15 (Saturday)|
|9.00am-12noon||Prepare your pitch||Workshops – hands-on training||Nick Deocampo|
|1.00pm-4.00pm||Practise your pitch||Tutorials – Personal coaching||Individual / small group|
|July 16 (Sunday)|
|9.00am-12noon||Practise your pitch||Tutorials||Individual / small group|
|1.00pm-5.00pm||Present your pitch||Pitching||Sabah Pitching Training Jury|
|7.00pm||Presentation of awards||Awards Night|
Please note: observers are welcome
- A new documentary film project – feature-length (60 minutes plus)
The projects must respond to the following criteria:
- the director must have already made one or more short films
- the script of the project must be completed
- there must be a complete budget break-down for the project
- the date of shoot must be stipulated
Commissioned editors, broadcasters, distributors, investors
Make a submission using the KKIFF 2017 on-line application form.
Submissions close on 31 May 2017.
Announcement of selected film projects – 9 June 2017.
Incentives to join
Incentives to join the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- The KKIFF is willing to cover the cost of accommodation for 3 nights (14, 15, 16 July) in Kota Kinabalu for 1 or 2 people on each film project being pitched at the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards – for those who come from outside Kota Kinabalu.
If you have any questions, contact: Jude – 014 3514298 or Hazli – 016 5522435 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.