Sabah Pitching Training & Awards
The KKIFF is looking for 12 documentary film projects to be part of the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards 2017. Applications close on 31 July 2019.
Sabah Pitching Training & Awards is a platform for filmmakers from the ASEAN region, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong to launch new feature-length documentary film projects (40 mins plus).
Participants learn how to pitch and then make a pitch to a jury in order to get funding to move on to the next stage in the making of their film.
Producers/directors from ASEAN countries, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong
Participants can pitch directly to potential financiers from the region, raise the visibility and market viability of their projects, look for co-producers, financiers, buyers.
- Goethe-Institut Malaysia – selection of one project to pitch in Leipzig. If a suitable project is pitched, The Goethe-Institut will support flight, hotel, per diem and pitching/festival fees for going to Leipzig.
- Prepare your pitch – at the Pitching Workshops on Saturday, 14 September, with your trainer, Mark Overett (Australia) – receive systematic pitching training
- Practise your pitch – at the Pitching Tutorials – Saturday, 14 September and the morning of Sunday, 15 September – individual and small group sessions with mentors
- Present your pitch – to the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards Jury on Sunday afternoon, 15 September – structured as 5-7 minutes of pitching, followed by 8 minutes of comments, questions and discussion with the jury.
- Presentation of awards – will be at Awards Night, Sunday, 15 September
|14 September (Sat)|
|9.00am-12noon||Prepare your pitch||Workshops – hands-on training||Mark Overett|
|1.00pm-4.00pm||Practise your pitch||Tutorials – Personal coaching||Individual / small group|
|15 September (Sun)|
|9.00am-12noon||Practise your pitch||Tutorials||Individual / small group|
|1.00pm-5.00pm||Present your pitch||Pitching||Sabah Pitching Training Jury|
|7.00pm||Presentation of awards||Award Night|
*** Please note: observers are welcome
- A new documentary film project – feature-length (40 minutes plus)
- The projects must respond to the following criteria:
- the director must have already made one or more short films
- the script of the project must be completed
- there must be a complete budget break-down for the project
- the date of shoot must be stipulated
Commissioned editors, broadcasters, distributors, investors
Make a submission using the KKIFF 2019 on-line application form
Submissions close on 31 July 2019
Announcement of selected film projects – 16 August 2019
- The KKIFF is willing to cover the cost of accommodation for 3 nights (13, 14 & 15 September) in Kota Kinabalu for 1 or 2 people (sharing) on each film project being pitched at the Sabah Pitching Training & Awards – for those who come from outside Kota Kinabalu.
- A contribution of RM500 towards airfares or the cost of the airfare (whichever is cheaper) for each project selected for the Sabah Pitching Training – for those flying into Kota Kinabalu.
If you have any questions, contact: Jude – 014 3514298 or Hazli – 016 5522435 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.