KKIFF 2019: CINEBALU – Call for submissions
Focus for 2019: CELEBRATION
Screenings: 7-14 September 2019
Venue: MBO Imago Mall
- Submissions can be made by citizens and residents of ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam), Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- There are no submission charges.
- All genres are eligible for submission.
- Screeners/preview copies for both shorts and feature-length films can be submitted.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
- The film can be in any language – but English subtitles are required.
- Submissions must have been completed on or after 16 September 2017.
- Copyright for all music and videos used must be owned by the filmmaker. By submitting your film to the KKIFF 2019, you agree that the KKIFF 2019 will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your film.
- Submissions must be received on or before: 17 May 2019.
- Festival screening format is bluray or dvd.
If you have any questions, contact: Jude – 014 3514298 or Hazli – 016 5522435 or email us: email@example.com
Submissions are through FilmFreeway
- Curating CINEBALU will take place in May-June, 2019 and those whose films are selected for screening will be informed on the KKIFF website and by email as soon as possible after this.
- All movies selected for CINEBALU screenings will be submitted to the Malaysian Censorship Board.
- Screenings of the CINEBALU programme:
Dates: 7-14 September 2019
Times: 7.00pm and 9.00pm
Venue: MBO Imago Mall
Contributions towards an airfare, plus one night’s accommodation in a hotel will be provided for 4 filmmakers whose films are selected for screening at the KKIFF 2019. This is so that the filmmakers can be available for Q&A.
- Submissions must not have been made public on the web, mobile phones, other public viewing platforms or on television prior to this festival.
- Dvds / pendrives will not be returned. Postage, insurance and any other costs incurred are the responsibility of the filmmaker submitting the dvd / pendrive. The KKIFF is not responsible for any dvds / pendrives or other materials that go missing.