KKIFF 2018: CINEBALU – Call for submissions
Focus for 2018: CELEBRATION
Screenings: 21-28 July 2018
Venue: MBO Imago Mall
- Submissions can be made by citizens and residents of ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam), Korea and Taiwan.
- There are no submission charges.
- All genres are eligible for submission.
- Screeners/preview copies for both shorts and feature-length films can be submitted.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
- The film can be in any language – but English subtitles are required.
- Submissions must have been completed on or after 29 July 2016.
- Copyright for all music and videos used must be owned by the filmmaker. By submitting your film to the KKIFF 2018, you agree that the KKIFF 2018 will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your film.
- Submissions must be received on or before: 16 March 2018.
- Festival screening format at MBO Imago Mall is DCP, bluray or dvd.
If you have any questions, contact: Jude – 014 3514298 or Hazli – 016 5522435 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your screener/preview copy or your short film (highest resolution possible) with a link to a private YouTube video or a link and password to a private Vimeo video
Send your pendrive or dvd in PAL to:
KKIFF 2017 – Cinebalu
Lot 214 Jalan Wijaya, Taman Wijaya Park, Menggatal
88450 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- Fill in the KKIFF 2018 CINEBALU Submission Form at http://www.kkiff.com/submit – with the link to your YouTube / vimeo upload if that is how you are making your submission
- Curating CINEBALU will take place in March-April, 2018 and those whose films are selected for screening will be informed on the KKIFF website and by email as soon as possible after this.
- All movies selected for CINEBALU screenings will be submitted to the Malaysian Censorship Board.
- Screenings of the CINEBALU programme:
Dates: 21-28 July 2018
Times: 7.00pm and 9.00pm
Venue: MBO Imago Mall
Contributions towards an airfare, plus one night’s accommodation in a hotel will be provided for 7 filmmakers whose films are selected for screening at the KKIFF 2018. This is so that the filmmakers can be available for Q&A.
- Submissions must not have been made public on the web, mobile phones, other public viewing platforms or on television prior to this festival.
- Dvds / pendrives will not be returned. Postage, insurance and any other costs incurred are the responsibility of the filmmaker submitting the dvd / pendrive. The KKIFF is not responsible for any dvds / pendrives or other materials that go missing.