Screenings: 09-16 October 2021
- Submissions can be made by citizens and residents of ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam), Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- The submission charge on FilmFreeway is US$8.00.
- All genres are eligible for submission.
- Screeners/preview copies for both shorts and feature-length films can be submitted.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
- The film can be in any language – but English subtitles are required.
- Submissions must have been completed on or after 09 October 2019.
- Copyright for all music and videos used must be owned by the filmmaker. By submitting your film to the KKIFF 2021, you agree that the KKIFF 2021 will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your film.
- KKIFF reserves the right to use stills and/or short clips of films submitted to CINEBALU for the purposes of marketing and promotion.
- Submissions must be received on or before: 15 June 2021.
- Festival screening format is dcp, bluray or dvd.
If you have any questions, contact: Jude – 014 3514298 or Hazli – 016 5522435 or email us: email@example.com
Submissions are through FilmFreeway and cost US$8.00 per submission.
- Curating CINEBALU will take place in June-July, 2021 and those whose films are selected for screening will be informed on the KKIFF website and by email as soon as possible after this.
- All movies selected for CINEBALU screenings will be submitted to the Malaysian Censorship Board.
- Screenings of the CINEBALU programme:
Dates: 09-16 October, 2021
Times: 7.00pm and 9.15pm
The KKIFF will make every attempt to set up Q&A with directors after screenings of movies from around South-East Asia.
- Dvds / pendrives will not be returned. Postage, insurance and any other costs incurred are the responsibility of the filmmaker submitting the dvd / pendrive. The KKIFF is not responsible for any dvds / pendrives or other materials that go missing.